Fanendo Adi Happy To Return For Portland Timbers After Long-Term Injury

Nigerian striker Fanendo Adi is determined to get his career back on track with Major League Soccer side Portland Timbers after spending six months on the sidelines with a bad hamstring injury, reports Completesportsnigeria. com.

Adi has been Portland Timbers’ most consistent forward since his arrival at the club three-and-a-half years ago but the injury limited his appearance for the club last season.

Ahead of Timbers’ season opener against Los Angeles Galaxy on March 4, the striker is keen to get on the pitch again and better his performance for the club.

“I’m hoping to outdo whatever I’ve done for this team,” Adi, 27, told the club’s official website.

“I’m working so hard on my fitness, having been out for so long. Now that I have a few more things that I know how to do right, I’ll be better in the long run.”

The 27-year-old also revealed the long but tortuous road to recovery for him.

“When you know you need just two weeks to come back, and then you do something very little and it reoccurs, it was quite frustrating,” he added.

“And knowing I’m a person the team relies on to get goals, and not being there for the team, it was very frustrating.”

Despite spending so much time on the sidelines, Adi refused to remain negative and believed everything happened for a reason.

“In as much as [the injury] was a bad thing, it happened for a reason,” Adi said.

“I’m the kind of person that thinks everything is supposed to happen, so I take what seems to be the negative and make it a positive.

“Probably, it was the time for me to be out and reflect on being here. Injuries happen, but mine was happening in a different way, where very minor things kept reoccurring.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amapakabo Assures U-23 Eagles Team Is Work In Progress At WAFU Cup 2019

Man City, Man United, Liverpool Target Nigeria’s Chukwuemeka 

Ibrahimovic Backs Sweden To Win 2018 World Cup